Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today

Hey...

So yea, Hari Raya has offically came.
I can start eating during the day already.
But it feels real weird.
I keep stopping short from reaching for water or food before I remember fasting is over.
I have to say that I've almost got used to it.
Unfortunately, I've gotta change my rountine again.

~ Z ~

As usual, we have the normal Hari Raya rountines.
Wake up in the morning, bathe and change into Baju kurung.
Have the normal asking for forgiveness session and then we eat our so called breakfast consisting of the same old stuff from every Hari Raya.
Next comes the visitors.
My cousins from my dad's side.
Boy, was it akward.
The cool thing was my oldest cousins daughter.
So cute!
I actually carried her!
Lol she seemed to like me, I was actually surprised (and secretly pleased).
But of course that wasn't the case (shrugs).
I think it was my shiny teeth that got to her.(braces...)
Or that's what everyone deduced that is.
I guess that was the most likely reason.

So that's here.
My phone hardly does her justice.
She's way cuter in real life.
I love her eyes.
They're pale brownish green, with slight golden flakes.



So yea.. That was in the morning.
After that we left for my maternal grandmother's house.
The old boring rountine as well.
I hate going there.
I feel so akward...
So out of place.
The way we've been brought up.. Is such that we hardly know anything of our own religion.
Sometimes I wish my parents had thought us more.
There, everyone was so close to one another.
It felt as though my family was totally out of place.
Hardly any of us siblings mingled.
My dad was even worse, he totally stood out like a sore thumb.
He was the only one not in the festive clothing.
When it was time to go back... That was the worse.
Everyone was asking one another for forgiveness, and we just tried hiding ourselves away.
That's what I go through yearly...
It has come to a point that I can actually say I do not look forward to Hari Raya...

~ haiz ~

No comments: